Monday, August 16, 2010

Sarah's Birthday Dinner Party

Good morning everyone! It's been a while since I blogged last, I've been really busy at work recently and haven't found time to blog in the evenings. I was also using all of my creative energy to plan a dinner party for Sarah's birthday. Her birthday was actually on August 6th, but she was in Atlanta then, so we decided to celebrate when she got back to Raleigh! I hosted a dinner party for some of our friends and think everything turned out fabulous! Here's the menu and links to some of the recipes from the night.

Dinner Party Menu:
Hors d'Oeuvres
- Three Cheese Mini Macs (Mac & Cheese Bites)
- Miniature Cheese Soufflés
- Miniature Crab Cakes
Salad
- Salad greens with grape tomatoes, julienned carrots, and choice of dressing
Main
- Homemade chicken cordon bleu
- Sun-dried tomato and spinach risotto
- Sautéed asparagus
Dessert
- Chocolate covered strawberries

The mac and cheese bites were really great, we only made part of the recipe but I wish we had made more of them, yummm. The mushroom and asparagus tarts were also even better than I expected! We had wine and prosecco for drinks. I put a raspberry in each glass of prosecco for garnish and it was so delish! Angela brought the chocolate covered strawberries and some balloons for Sarah. :) Here are some pictures from the night that I took and some I stole from Sarah.




I'll post the main course recipes and instructions for all of the DIY decor items later! Have a great Monday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these pictures! It was a beautiful night! I'm so going to attempt to make the mushroom asparagus tarts! Those were AMAZING :-) And the colors were so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late commenting, but it looks like it was such a fabulous party! I love the little banner :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips