Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a really busy but fun weekend!

On Friday, we had the wine lattice installed above our fridge in the kitchen. We had planned to do this ourselves, but we soon realized that we didn't have the proper tools or saws to cut the lattice. So, we left it up to the professionals. I'm so glad it's up now. I need to add a piece of trim to the frame and sand and repaint, but the hard part is over, it's up!
Wine lattice! Excuse the blurry iPhone pic
On Saturday, we got up early to go to the UNC football game vs. Miami. We tailgated beforehand and had a ton of food. I made a couple of recipes from Pinterest... I can't wait to share them with you this week. They were so good! We had lots of fun tailgating and at the game with a big group of our family and friends.  It was a really pretty day.
Kevin and his brother and sister before the game
On Sunday, we went to the Wake County Parade of Homes after church. I have always loved going to the Parade of Homes since I was young, but I found that it's even better after you own a house. There's always so much home and decorating inspiration to take in. I definitely recommend checking it out if you can!  I took a ton of pictures at the houses that we visited, I can't wait to share them!
Touring an amazing home in the Parade of Homes
On Sunday evening, I painted below the chair rail in the dining room. It was a lot of work and I'm not quite done, but it's getting there. I'm happy with the progress.  I realized that painting with white is much harder than some other colors. You really need at least 2-3 even coats to make it look good.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips