Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pizza Bread

I saw this recipe on a blog the other day and variations of it are all over Pinterest. This pizza roll is so easy and so delish. I made this for our tailgate on Saturday and it went over really well. I sliced it up and served it with marinara sauce. It seems like it would be more complicated but that's the beauty of it. Check it out:

Pizza Bread
1 can store-bought Pillsbury French bread (or homemade pizza dough)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Sliced pepperoni
Olive Oil
Marinara sauce for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350. First, I rolled out the bread on a baking sheet.  Then, add your cheese, enough to cover the entire surface generously. Place your pepperonis all over the bread. 

Carefully roll up the flat pizza jelly-roll style, until you have a roll. Then spritz or drizzle the top of the roll with olive oil. I also sprinkled some garlic powder on top, just because we love it. Poke a few holes in the bread to allow air to escape between the layers and prevent air pockets.


I decided to cut my roll in half and make two small rolls because I knew I wouldn't have a good way of transporting the entire roll to the football game.  You can definitely leave it as one long roll.  Place the roll(s) on parchment paper or a Silpat.  


Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Slice the rolls and serve immediately with warm marinara sauce.  This is what your bread should look like... yum! 
Pinned Image
Photo by Sing for Your Supper
Modified from Sing for Your Supper, originally from Brown Eyed Baker

1 comment:

Blogging tips