Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

The weekend's over... back to work everyone. We had a good weekend, I hope everyone else did too.  On Friday, I took Darcy to get his hair cut. He needed it desperately, he was so shaggy before.


On Saturday morning, I took Darcy over to my parents house to play with their dog Toby. He loves it there and they always have a lot of fun together. The both got groomed this week, so I took some pictures of them together. :) 


On Saturday afternoon, we went to the NCSU football game. We tailgated beforehand and had lots of good food and fun with friends!


Then, Scotty McCreery sang the national anthem!! NCSU and Raleigh love Scotty, plus it was his birthday this weekend, so there was lots of celebrating all around.  It was cool to hear him sing in person.


On Sunday, we went to church and then lunch with my family. Afterwards, we did some shopping then picked up the paint for the dining room. Sherwin Williams has a 30% off sale going on through today, so that encouraged us to go ahead and get the paint.  Although I hadn't planned on painting, when we got home, I got    really motivated to start painting, lol. So, I moved all of the furniture and rug out of the room and painted the gray above the chair rail yesterday.  I really like the color, Mindful Gray. It's a warm gray and I think it ties in nicely with the other colors in the house.  I still need to paint below the chair rail and decide on our wainscoting, but that will come soon. I'm thinking about just painting white below and repainting the trim for now, then adding more ornate wainscoting in the future. We have a lot of other projects and things we want to do in the house and I'm okay if the dining room is more simple for now.  Here are the pictures of the room right now.

Mindful Gray above the chair rail, old room color below.

My favorite curtain options. Leaning toward the bottom one by Duralee.


I need to touch up the gray paint in some places and do the trim and white below the chair rail, but so far I'm really liking it. I can't wait to post pictures when it's done.

3 comments:

  1. Just came across your website as I was doing a search for gray paint colors. I am so confused about which color gray to pick. But, after seeing your lovely "Mindful Gray" room, that's my pick!

    By the way: ADORABLE doggies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me the name of the bottom Duralee fabric curtain swatch? It looks like it goes so well with Mindful Gray. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisha, sorry I missed this! The bottom Duralee fabric is called Loop de Loop in Smoke. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Blogging tips