Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe December has already come and gone... it's January! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend, we have had a lot of fun celebrating in NY.   We went to Butter in NYC on New Year's Eve and it was fabulous!  We had a delicious four course meal with lots of champagne and cocktails througout the night. It was a fun party, complete with a great DJ, party hats and tiarras, and a champagne toast while we watched the ball drop at midnight. It was a really wonderful night.

I've been wanting to do a year in review post, but didn't feel like spending a ton of time on the post until I saw this post on According to Ashley. I thought it seemed fun so I'll try it out, with a few modifications ;).  Here it goes:

Favorite Songs of 2011: 
The Trouble with Girls, Scotty McCreery  
I went to Garner HS for one year, so it was really cool to see the school and people we know in the music video.

Favorite Movies of 2011:

Crazy Stupid Love

Midnight in Paris
These movies are really good, I hope you have a chance to watch them. I especially recommend Midnight in Paris because it was only in a few theatres, but it had amazingly good reviews. It makes me want to go back to Paris ASAP!

Favorite TV Shows of 2011:
Body of Proof
Modern Family
Once Upon a Time

 












Bones

Gossip Girl

Biggest Accomplishment of 2011:
Graduating with my MS in Biomedical Engineering from Duke in December

Favorite Vacation or Trip of 2011:
Boston Trip in August
I had a conference at the end of August in Boston and we spent the weekend afterwards in the city. Kevin and I both really loved the city and had so much fun!

Favorite Book of 2011:
I didn't have that much time to read many books in 2011, but The Help was really good!

Best Purchase of 2011:

Our first house!
We started looking at houses in February and we closed at the end of April on a house that we really love.

Favorite Beauty Purchase of 2011:

Urban Decay Naked Palette
This was a Christmas gift, not really a purchase, but it's so great! The colors are really pretty and the brush works really well.

Best Gift of 2011:
Kevin got me an iPad for my birthday in June. I've really enjoyed it and love the iCloud features that I can sync stuff back and forth with my iPhone.

Most Popular Blog Post of 2011:
Kitchen Reveal - http://newlywedmcgees.blogspot.com/2011/06/kitchen-reveal.html

Favorite DIY Project of 2011:
Dining Room Curtains
No-sew curtains for the dining room.  Link Here

Best Home Rennovation Project of 2011:

Painted Kitchen Cabinets
Painting our kitchen cabinets. It was a long and intensive process, but we love the outcome. Link Here.

Favorite New Recipe of 2011:
Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
 I made these Cherry Limeade Jello Shots for our Christmas paty. They were a modification on the original Lemon Drop Jello Shots, but they were really good!

Favorite Restaurant of 2011:
Butter Restaurant
 Butter in NYC. We first discovered Butter last January and we've been 3 times this year. It's a really neat restaurant and has amazing food. Alex Guarneschelli, from the Food Network is the chef there.

Favorite Local Restaurant of 2011:
Sushi Iwa
Sushi Iwa in Apex, NC.  I love this restaurant. It's so close to where we live, but it's also really good and inexpensive. They have Buy One, Get One sushi all the time and great drink specials.  They even offer BOGO sushi for takeout, which most places don't do, so it's amazing!

Best Moment of 2011:

Cooking my first turkey!
Our Thanksgiving Tablescape

Hosting Thanksgiving in our new house with almost all of our family. It was really great experience and we had lots of good food and fun.

Hope you had a great 2011, like us! I can't wait to see what this new year brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips