Monday, October 11, 2010

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Last night, I made one of our favorite comfort food dishes, Chicken and Rice Casserole.  It's a wonderful recipe from my mom and Kevin loves it because the leftovers are great for lunch the next day.  I've posted this recipe before, but I decided to update again with pictures. 


Chicken and Rice Casserole 
- 2 lbs chicken breast 
- 1 1/2 cups rice 
- 1 stick of butter, softened 
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz), softened
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (12-16 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or colby-jack cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken breasts until no longer pink in the middle. Chop into bite size pieces and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package. Warm mixed vegetables in a separate saucepan over medium heat.

Combine butter and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and divide in half. Stir half of the cream cheese/butter mixture into the rice and the other half into the vegetables until coated. Season with salt and pepper.

In a casserole dish, add all of the rice so that it creates a uniform layer across the bottom. 
Next, add the mixed vegetables on top of the rice.
Add all of the pieces of chicken on top. 
Then add the shredded cheddar cheese to cover the entire casserole, about 2 cups.
Place in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcomes to google terminal keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
    google snake this was actually EARN TO DIE
    what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here! AGE OF WAR 2
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while HAPPY WHEELS
    I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! Slitherio
    Amazing insight you have on this, Slither io This article always blew me BIG FARM

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips