Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog Updates

I've been making some slight changes to the blog layout and format around here.  What do you think? I added a header with links to pages that I'll be updating soon. I hope this will make it easy to navigate through pages to find what you're looking for.

I saw a post on The Nest today about house bios and it reminded me that I need to start a house tour page. This will be a page that shows what we've done with all of the rooms in our house. I love looking at these on other blogs, so I hope you enjoy it too.  I'm also going to start updating a page called "Featured Projects" with things that people might be interested in and want an easy way to find all of the posts on a certain topic, like painting kitchen cabinets. Plus, it's a great way for me to keep pictures of the finished product easily accessible.

Then, of course you'll notice I've posted a link to my Pinterest boards. Click there to see all of the things that I like.  If you've never heard of Pinterest, you're missing out! It's a really cool website that allows you to save and organize pictures from all over the internet, then share them with others. It's a great tool for all kinds of projects and topics, but is really useful for looking for decorating ideas. Check it out.

A kitchen update: We finished all of the cabinets, except for a few minor touch-ups that we'll do later and the wine lattice.  I'm going to save the pictures for the final reveal for later. But, it's looking really great! The rest of our appliances, the fridge, range, washer and dryer are being installed this weekend! Woohoo!

We are planning to move in next weekend after the kitchen is fully functional, so that will be a big step! We can't wait!!  Of course, more pictures and posts will come when things happen! :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I've been wanting to add a header for the longest time but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It definitely makes the blog easier to navigate :-) I can't wait to see the latest kitchen pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see how the kitchen looks!

    The new layout is great. I plan to do something very similar soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time for your birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is looking great, love the changes!

    I received a Versatile Blogger Award and am passing it along to you! Feel free to check out my latest blog post for more info.

    Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips