Friday, August 5, 2011

Kitchen Curtains

I've been decorating the kitchen to make it look more finished but it still has a ways to go.  This weekend, I'm going to finish a gallery wall of pictures that will hang above and below the chalkboard I posted about earlier this week.  I'm really excited about that project. I can't wait to post about it, hopefully it will come out as I imagine!

So, next on my list is figuring out what type of window treatments to use around the bay window.  I think this will help make the space feel more polished.  As a reminder, here's what the space around the kitchen table looks like.


I'm debating between long curtains and roman shades. I'm leaning towards curtain panels mostly because the windows already have white wooden blinds and I don't think they would look right with a roman shade (and I don't really want to remove the blinds).
  

Then, for the design of the curtain, I'm not sure what direction I want to go. I've looked at lots of different styles... bold patterns or solids... neutral colors or those with pops of accent colors.

Cotton Canvas Faux Bead Window Panel  
Cotton Canvas Printed Crosshatch Window Panel  
  Firenze Embroidered Panel

However, I've had a hard time finding any curtains with accent colors that I like. Part of me feels like a curtain with a neutral pattern will be more successful in our kitchen. I think I'll probably try to tie in the blue wall color to a couple accessories in the kitchen and on the table, but otherwise, I like the neutral/black&white look.  Plus, when you're looking at  pictures online, it's hard to tell if fabrics and colors would look good in our kitchen and mix with the colors in our living room. I'm hoping to go to the fabric store sometime this weekend to look at swatches in person for ideas.

So, what do you think? Do any of these fabrics/curtains stand out to you? Do you have any suggestions for curtains or fabric? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of patterned drapes in a soft, neutral color like gray. I love the 1st and 3rd inspiration pics you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that you should go with the long curtains vs. the roman shades. I made the same decision for our living room. I love the bottom right curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen curtain shown here are beautiful. Have a look at it

    Curtains

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Curtains

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips