Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Last Night's Dinner

Last night I made a penne primavera with yellow squash, zucchini, and homemade turkey meatballs. This was a random meal, so I was kind of making the recipe up as I went along. But, I think it turned out pretty well.

Below is a list of what I used to make the turkey meat balls. However, we didn't have any breadcrumbs, so I made makeshift breadcrumbs by grinding up seasoned croutons in the food processor. I also added in some mozzerella cheese to make them a little bit more interesting.
Turkey Meat Balls:
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzerella cheese
- garlic, italian spices, salt, & pepper
Then, I just mixed everything together, made little meat balls, and cooked them in a skillet on the stove top. While those were cooking, I had my penne pasta boiling and squash sauteeing in garlic, spices and a little bit of butter.

Once everything was done, I mixed the pasta, squash medley, and meatballs together in a bit pot. I added a little bit of browned butter, garlic, spices, and olive oil to coat for a light sauce. Then, as a secret addition, I added some diced bits of cream cheese. I would have liked to have used a goat cheese or cheese like feta, but we didn't have anything so I thought the cream cheese might be the next best thing. It was pretty good!
Later that night, Kevin made Irish Soda Bread, one of his favorites, with our new stand mixer. So, needless to say, we had a lot of dishes to clean at the end of the night. ;)

Kevin's making dinner tonight, so we'll see what he has up his sleeve tonight. I have no idea what it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips