Cheesy, Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs butter or butter substitute
- 2 oz fat free cream cheese or neufchatel
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- turkey bacon bits, for garnish
Boil the cauliflower for about 10 minutes until fork tender. Drain in a colander then place in a food processor. Process until you reach a smooth consistency. If you don't have a food processor you can use an immersion blender or break the cauliflower up with a hand mixer on high.
Stir in the butter, cream cheese and shredded cheddar over low heat. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and turkey bacon bits, serve immediately.
source: modified from South Beach Diet Recipe