Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Updates

Yes, I realize I've been really slacking about blogging recently. Things have been a whirlwind with work and the holidays, there's just not been a lot of time! However, my lack of activity on here does not reflect what's actually going on, we've actually been doing quite a bit of work.

In our bedroom, we are slowly but surely making changes and I'm loving it! A few weeks ago, I got the jewelry armoire that I'd been considering on sale in a Cyber Monday sale. I got the Oxford Jewelry Armoire from HomeDecorators in white. I had been planning to buy this jewelry armoire from Ballard Designs, but at the last minute I decided that the French white was too yellow for my liking. I am really happy with the armoire, now I have lots of storage for both fashion and nice jewelry.

We also ordered a new bed for our room and it came in this week!  I had originally planned to DIY a headboard, similar to my upholstered ottoman... but, after much thought, I decided that we wanted the upholstered side rails as well. I kept trying to figure out what kind of bed skirt we would do with a headboard with our bedding, and finally decided that ordering the bed was the best way to achieve the look I wanted. We got the Montmartre bed from Joss and Main. I wasn't sure how the process would be, it was my first time ordering from them, but it was awesome. The bed even came in earlier than expected! So far we are loving it, and it makes a big difference in our room... another check for slowly phasing out our old furniture!


Other than those things, we are prepping for Christmas around the house. Our tree went up the weekend after Thanksgiving, although the rest of our decorations took a while to get completed.


Lastly, I am super excited because our annual Christmas party is this Saturday! We love hosting our friends for this party each year, it's going to be so much fun! I have a lot of shopping and cooking to do before then, but I know it will be wonderful. And, as if reuniting with old friends and celebrating the holidays wasn't enough, I'm sure the festive cocktails that I've prepared will get everyone in the right mood!

Hope you have a great last weekend (!!) before Christmas. Have you finished your shopping?

1 comment:

Blogging tips