Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Paint Color Update


I picked up some Benjamin Moore paint chips yesterday. There are so many variations of green paint and they're all so different, it's crazy! So, I'm going to look at these for a while and maybe get some samples to try on the walls this weekend.

While at Benjamin Moore, I took some pictures on my iPhone of the fabric with the big paint chips. Guilford Green was one of the best, although some of the darker shades appeared pretty different on a big sample.



Here's a picture of some of my favorites in the natural light of the living room. I tried to pick colors which had a little more gray and were less intense. I want the wall to have a little bit of color, but not be so in your face, like the Shagreen was ;)

From left to right: SW Celery, BM Soft Ferm, BM Fernwood Green,
BM Camouflage, BM Guilford Green, BM Nantucket Breeze
I think I like Guilford Green the most right now, but I'm not sure if it's still too green. I think this is where it will be nice to see the paint on the actual wall.  You can see how these all stack up against Shagreen, it's the 2nd color on the first strip on the left, they're a little more subdued.

Here are some pictures of rooms I found online with some of these wall colors.

Guilford Green - source
Camouflage - source
Fernwood Green (top) - source
Soft Fern - source

So, it will still be a while before we paint everything, but I feel like we're on the right track... to a calming gray-er green.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Good idea about looking at larger samples. It can make such a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips